Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I've Found Baskerville! Well, the Sherlock Version, Anyway

Note: If you are not a Sherlock fan, you will probably not understand this. If you are a Sherlock fan, you probably will.

But if you are not a Sherlockian, I have tried to search our Sherlock board to help you with the idea of Baskerville.

   The idea behind Sherlock's "The Hounds of Baskerville" was {of course} based off of Arthur Conan Doyle's, "The Hound of the Baskervilles". How do I know this? Research. And a rerun of an old Sherlock Holmes series about the Hound with Jeremy Brett.


This is probably the best shot of the moor I could find.


Here's another.


I know what you're probably thinking, "Wow, the Hounds of Baskerville? That's really jumping ahead of yourself, Willow!" and yeah, it is. I was just so excited when I found the perfect location for Baskerville, based of the Sherlock episode.


This photo was snapped by D I believe. This is supposed to be Sherlock {Emilie} atop of the rocks on the moor with Watson {Molly} looks at the map {unfortunately I forgot the map}.


"What's that?"
"That's Baskerville, Em."


I know this mostly doesn't look like a moor, but it's the best I've got. 
The second best is our backyard, and it doesn't look quite as cool.


Same rock Emilie was on, facing Baskerville's fence.


Same as above, but now facing the minefield.


Emilie's rock.


So now what? I will still do "A Study in Blue" first. Or at least the pilot first. But the Hound{s} of {the} Baskerville{s} could come next, because my doll room is not set up, but the Hounds story doesn't take place hardly in 221b Baker Street at all.


But I did have a fun idea for the storyline. In the original book, Watson did most of the investigating. So I thought that Emilie could break/sprain her ankle, and so Molly and Kit would have to do most/all of the fun stuff, though Emilie still tries to "poison" someone with the sugar and flash lights and noise at them in the secret lab. She could probably do that in a cast.
But then there's the Hound. I doubt I could spray-paint our little dog black. Don't tell my parents that even crossed my mind, kay? Thanks. But seriously, I'll just use a stuff animal. And hopefully it won't look too cheesy.

So what did you think of my Baskerville? Did it seem to work for you as the secret army base? Let me know!

-Catch You Later-

~ W. Silver B.

1 comment:

  1. 1) The photography is epic + SH approved.
    2) So is the story.
    3) And pretty much everything else.
    4) Did I mention Les is near the point of fainting with anticipation?
    5) Good. Because I hear that she is.

    -LV

    ReplyDelete