Wednesday, January 8, 2014

News Years Resolutions // by the Detectives







   Cheerio. Molly, remind me again why I'm doing this?

   Em, you're writing about your New Years Resolutions, remember?

   But I hate those.

   I know. But do them anyway.

   Blimey, well, alright then. I resolve to solve more cases - the stranger, the better. And to catch Moriarty. And to find out how to sneak Yank overseas without paying the import duties.

   You should try to be nicer to your brother, as well, Em.

   Oh, fine. And that I'll be nicer to my blithering brother, Mycroft.

   Sigh. I suppose that's the nicest you're going to get.

   You supposed correctly, Molly. You are doing well in the school of deduction.

   Thanks, Em. Anyway, I resolve to get my Miss Victory outfit shipped here from Jefferson. I also want to have my sister Jill come live with us.

   That will be swell. We're bursting at the seams as it is. Of course, my cousin Amy is due here within the next few months.

   Thanks for asking, Emmie.

   Don't mention it.

   Anyway, I also hope to begin teaching tap dancing classes with the soon to be on her way Miss Palmer. I hear tell she's going to open a studio with Marisol and teach dance lessons!

   Excuse my jubilation. Kit! Come over here! Distract Molly here while I escape, would you?

   Okay, I guess.... oh, hi. It's Kit.

   We were doing New Years Resolutions, Kit.

   Okay, I can do that too, I suppose. Well.... I resolve to start my newspaper, and hire writers. And I resolve to pester W. Silver B. to have my best friend Ruthie come live here.

   That's sweet.

   Thank you! And I resolve to purchase a camera! I know just the one, too! It's gorgeous! I can't wait!

   Well, that's all, goodbye! - Molly

   Bye! - Kit

   Oh, and goodbye from Emilie, she left. - Molly


-W. Silver B.

3 comments:

  1. brill! em is officially my favourite. with no offense to dear molly, mind! just someone speaking as one who has a reputation of reminding their family of the world's only consultant, of course. obviously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. I do believe that was intended to read, "the world's only consulting detective," but perhaps Sherlock is the only consultant the world through after all! o.o

      Delete